Monday 12 November 2012

Existence Trilogy by Abbi Glines


Title: Existence (1)

Kindle Edition, December 13 2011, 194 pages
Goodreads | Amazon UK | Amazon US


What happens when you're stalked by Death? You fall in love with him, of course. Pagan Moore doesn't cheat Death, but instead, falls in love with him. Seventeen year old Pagan Moore has seen souls her entire life. Once she realized the strangers she often saw walking through walls were not visible to anyone else, she started ignoring them. If she didn't let them know she could see them, then they left her alone. Until she stepped out of her car the first day of school and saw an incredibly sexy guy lounging on a picnic table, watching her with an amused smirk on his face. Problem is, she knows he's dead. Not only does he not go away when she ignores him, but he does something none of the others have ever done. He speaks. Pagan is fascinated by the soul. What she doesn't realize is that her appointed time to die is drawing near and the wickedly beautiful soul she is falling in love with is not a soul at all. He is Death and he's about to break all the rules.



Title: Predestined (2)

Kindle Edition, March 29 2012, 191 pages
Goodreads | Amazon UK | Amazon US


You would think after helping save her boyfriend from an eternity in Hell that things would go back to normal. Well, as normal as life can be when you can see souls and your boyfriend is Death. But for Pagan Moore, things are just getting weirder. The high school quarterback and reigning heartthrob, Leif Montgomery, is missing. While the town is in a frenzy of worry, Pagan is a nervous wreck for other reasons. Apparently good ‘ol Leif isn’t your average teenage boy. He isn’t even human. According to Death, Leif doesn’t have a soul. The quarterback may have skipped town but he’s still showing up in Pagan’s dreams... uninvited. Dank has known from the beginning Leif wasn’t human. But he hadn’t worried about a simple soulless creature. Now, he realizes he made a grave mistake. Pagan’s soul has been marked since birth as a restitution, to a spirit so dark not even Death walks near it. Dank knows saving Pagan’s soul won’t be easy but Pagan is his. And he’s already proven he’ll defy Heaven to keep her. If Hell wants a piece of him too, then bring it on.



Title: Ceaseless (3)

Kindle Edition, September 18 2012, 190 pages
Goodreads | Amazon UK | Amazon US


Can he make her fall in love with him… again? When Pagan Moore proved worthy of Death’s devotion, he was given the gift of getting to keep her. But Dank was never promised that Pagan would keep him. When a soul is created, so is its mate. In every lifetime those souls find each other. They complete the other’s destiny. It’s time for Pagan’s soul to choose if she truly wants an eternity at Death’s side or if she wants the mate created just for her. Dank didn’t think he had to worry about her choice. He knew where her heart belonged. Until he realized that every kiss, every touch, every moment of their time together would be washed from her memories. He would have to win her heart all over again and prove to her soul that he was where she belonged. If only her soul’s mate wasn’t right there standing in his way.




So going to review this trilogy all in one go because I just loved the books and have read the fist two twice and then the third one straight after. My minds like a pretty little sieve so I can't really remember what happens in each individual book.

So to start with how beautiful are the covers, come on look at them eyes. They just drew me straight in. The first one is definitely my favourite one. 

So onto the story.. Well I loved the concept and after the first few chapters couldn't wait to see what was in store for Pagan. I remember there where some parts of the story that seemed a bit slow and tedious to me but for the most part the story kept a firm grasp on me.

In the first book I never did understand why Pagan went out with Leif for so long. I mean it was ages after she admitted her feelings for Death, yet they where still going out. Another thing as well if Dank knew he was in love with Pagan why did he continue to let her go out with a soulless creature? What's all that about? I loved how death was described. He's exactly how I'd imagine him to be if he was a person. He was all edgy and dark and obviously super sexy. I never really suspected Leif of anything dodgy till right to the end, then I was like wth? He seemed so cool, that just sucker punched me right in the gut, definitely made me want to go straight on to the next book (which wasn't possible the first time around).

I loved the new twists in the second book, we got to find out exactly who Leif was and to be honest he turned into a bit of a creep, although he made himself feel a little more human at the end of the book. I loved the world that Leif lived in, the way it was described I could see it being a real place. I did end up feeling a bit sorry for Leif when I found out who his parents where and how he lived but it still doesn't make him any more likeable in my eyes.
Onto the last book, this was my favourite as I'd been finding Dank a little annoying in the last book so I got a good feeling from seeing him suffer just a little. Although I don't really think enough time was devoted to Pagan and Jay, seen as they where supposed to be soulmates and she was supposed to be making a hard choice between the two. It just felt a little too easy for Death.
Anyway I loved all these books and would recommend them to everyone who hasn't yet read them (although I've yet to meet someone who hasn't), will definitely be going on to read more from Abbi Glines as I'm now officially in love with her writing style. 



No comments:

Post a Comment