Sunday 7 October 2012

Hush, Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick



Series: Hush, Hush (1)

Kindle Edition, November 12 2009404 pages
Goodreads | Amazon UK | Amazon US  

Romance was not part of Nora Grey's the plan. She's never been particularly attracted to the boys at her school, no matter how hard her best friend, Vee, pushes them at her. Not until Patch comes along. With his easy smile and eyes that seem to see inside her, Patch draws Nora to him against her better judgment. But after a series of terrifying encounters, Nora's not sure whom to trust. Patch seems to be everywhere she is and seems to know more about her than her closest friends. She can't decide whether she should fall into his arms or run and hide. And when she tries to seek some answers, she finds herself near a truth that is way more unsettling than anything Patch makes her feel. For she is right in the middle of an ancient battle between the immortal and those that have fallen - and, when it comes to choosing sides, the wrong choice will cost Nora her life.



My thoughts

Okay so didn't really want to read this book because it seemed to me as you either love it or hate it but the cover art alone persuaded me read this and long to be a part of that amazing picture. I liked this book mainly because of Patch, I just found myself wanting to get to know him. He's the typical guy that you know is bad news yet can't seem to stay away from. He's dangerous in that sexy dark way most male characters are in the YA genre. I have to admit I had a love/hate relationship with him right from the beginning. Another thing I liked about this book was the friendship between Nora and Vee. We all have that wacky best friend that will make you do the craziest things you can imagine. Their relationship seems so easy and you know they'll do anything for each other. There are some really hilarious moments between them that you can just imagine yourself being a part of. Okay so now to the bad bits. I absolutely H-A-T-E-D Nora. I know that's harsh but seriously she's one of the worst written characters I've come across. She's so schizophrenic its unbelievable, one minute she's all 'ohhhh Patch is trying to kill me, I don't trust him one bit' then the next minute she's like 'Patch would never hurt me, I trust him with my life completely'. She does so many u-turns during this book I was getting motion sickness. Next there are just too many bad guys its like what the hell? Who's really after her? The number of villains really take away from the story and reduce its seriousness. This book just had no consistency at all and just seemed all over the place with no real vision of where it wanted to go. Overall I wasn't impressed with this book it could have been so much better. There where just too many little things that seemed to bug me. Having said that though I did read this book in a day and then went straight on to buy the next one so there is obviously something about this book I must have missed. I wouldn't really recommend this book as it was all too wishy washy for my liking but it does have some good parts that pulled me in to it in spite of my annoyance with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment