Monday 8 October 2012

The Binding by L. Filloon



Series: The Velesi Trilogy (1)

Kindle Edition, December 11 2011, 279 pages
Goodreads | Amazon UK | Amazon US   


Two nights after her eighteenth birthday, Lily is attacked while out jogging, but is saved by Tharin Lunar, a Sidhe prince. When she discovers that her attacker is her own brother, Lucas, who disappeared four years ago, Lily refuses to believe that her brother would truly hurt her and becomes determined to find Lucas and bring him home. Lily finds that Lucas’ disappearance is somehow tied to Tharin; so when he informs her that she is his betrothed and must return with him to Velesi, fulfill a treaty between their families and unite the two strongest clans through their marriage, Lily agrees. However, she’s not going to Velesi for a wedding, but to bring home her only family, Lucas. On their journey to the borders of Velesi, the realm of the Thirteen Clans, they’re pursued by a Sidhe assassin group call the Ange, meet with an ogre crime lord that ends badly, deal with a sleazy troll motel manager, and when they discover that there’s a bounty on their heads, they must keep one step ahead of every assassin, bounty hunter and low-life criminal in Velesi. Protecting Lily has become the biggest challenge of Tharin’s life. Lucky for him he has help in the form of his twin brother, Tolan, Lily’s best friend Julia and his three bodyguard cousins.



My thoughts

Wasn't expecting much from this book as I bought it for free on Amazon but it was about elves and I'm just loving that genre right about now. Anyways all I can say about this is it was EFFING AWESOME! I grew to love all the characters especially Lily and her best friend Julia. I wasn't too fond of Tharin because he just annoyed me with the way he acted and stuff (don't want to give anything away). This is a definite page turner which I couldn't put down even though I was practically comatose by the time I finished. Its really fast paced and exciting and definitely leaves you wanting more. Originally I wasn't aware that this book was part of a trilogy so was just expecting a stand alone novel but was pleasantly surprised to know it continued. I am anxiously awaiting the next book in this trilogy as I can't stand being left at a cliff hanger like that. I was expecting the ending but not in the way it was executed, which was a wayyy better way than I imagined. This is definitely a must read among YA fans.

No comments:

Post a Comment