Tuesday 11 September 2012

The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins



Series: The Hunger Games (1)

Kindle Edition, October 31 2008, 374 pages
Goodreads | Amazon UK | Amazon US 



Winning means fame and fortune. Losing means certain death. The Hunger Games have begun... In the ruins of a place once known as North America lies the nation of Panem, the shining Capitol surrounded by twelve outlying districts. The Capitol is harsh and keeps the districts in line by forcing them all to send one boy and one girl between the ages of twelve and eighteen to participate in the annual Hunger Games, a fight to the death on live TV. Sixteen-year-old Katniss Everdeen regards it as a death sentence when she steps forward to take her sister's place in the Games. But Katniss has been close to dead before--and survival, for her, is second nature. Without really meaning to, she becomes a contender. But if she is to win, she will have to start making choices that weigh survival against humanity and life against love.



My thoughts

Well what can I say apart from it was absolutely amazingggg. I would recommend this book to everybody, adults, teenagers, teachers, vicars whoever you are you will love this book. Its original albeit a bit disturbing at times. Don't get me wrong as brilliant as this book is there are parts that bug me, like I'm sure they do with other people as well. For one what is with her practically shoving the love triangle down our throats. I don't know about everyone else but I am sick to death of our so called heroines being ditzy little girls when it comes to boys, I mean come on where's the pride girls they're just boys there's no need to get all faggoty about them it makes me consider turning the other way. Anyhoo.. although the book does have many more flaws I still believe it is a must read. I went on to read the next one in the series as I couldn't just bare to part with the characters so soon. P.S. The film is absolute rubbish. Do not bother watching it will just depress you. The book is much better :)

No comments:

Post a Comment