Friday 21 September 2012

Ghost Town by Rachel Caine



Series: The Morganville Vampires (9)

Kindle Edition, November 1 2010 351 pages
Goodreads | Amazon UK | Amazon US



The fragile peace between humans and vampires in Morganville is in trouble, and when Claire takes drastic action, she’s put under serious pressure to re-establish the barriers that keep the town residents inside, and wipe the memories of those who leave.But working with her half-crazy vampire boss Myrnin means that things don’t always turn out as planned... and as the people of Morganville begin acting strangely, Claire and her friends must solve the mystery and try to put things right. But one by one, her allies are turning on her... even the ones she trusts most.



My thoughts

This book starts with everything looking hunky dory for the 'glass house gang' but we all know that's not going to last. As expected this is just as great as the other books in the series. Maybe even a little freakier (especially with Myrnin). Speaking of Myrnin, he's definitely my favourite character of all time. He's a crazy, eff'd up vamp with some serious issues. But through this book we actually do see a more caring side towards him, when he's not all messed up that is. Anyway I like Claire as well as even though she's insecure (which most teens are) she's not the whiny sort of main character you can sometimes see. I will say this though I don't think her and Shane are going to last. Seriously how much can they hurt each other before its too late. Obviously I would recommend this book to everybody (after they've read the other eight obviously, or not if you're like me sometimes). One thing I can moan about though is the cheesy, overdone romance stuff was a bit too much for me at times. It made me want to gag all over my shiny new kindle!

1 comment:

  1. Oh, drat those cheesy overdone romances! We're not buying it so why do so many books sell it ;-)
    Sounds like there are some really interesting characters in this story; thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete