Saturday 15 September 2012

Books into Movies: City of Bones (The Mortal Instruments)

It's official, City of Bones will be out in the US on August 23, 2013! Is it me or is this just too long away to wait? 

The cast are as follows:

Clary Fray   -Lily Collins

Jocelyn Fray   -Lena Headey
Jace Wayland   -Jamie Campbell Bower
Simon Lewis   -Robert Sheehan
Valentine Morgenstern   -Jonathan Rhys Meyers
Alec Lightwood   -Kevin Zegars
Isabelle Lightwood   -Jemima West
Hodge Starkweather   -Jared Harris
Luke Garroway   -Aidan Turner
Magnus Bane   -Godfrey Gao


My thoughts on the cast
Lily Collins and Lena Headey are pretty much as I imagined Clary & Jocelyn to look. I'm actually really excited to see how these two work together in a mother/daughter relationship. As for Jace I imagined him to be much more chiselled and dangerous looking and I am disappointed in this choice although by the time the film comes around I'll probably just be happy to finally see it and will end up loving this choice. Now as for Simon, Robert Sheehan is an absolutely brilliant choice in my opinion. I never would have thought of him but now thinking about it its like the part was wrote just for Robert. I think the same can probably be said about Jonathan Meyers, he's got the right amount of sexiness/danger just to keep you on the edge of your seat. Okay to be honest who really cares who's in the cast I just hope they do this book justice unlike other movies that have come from books -cough*The Hunger Games*cough- I seriously will not be able to wait nearly a year for this I will die of boredom. 





No comments:

Post a Comment