Monday 3 September 2012

Any Love But Mine by Debbie Davies (arc)




Kindle Edition, March 3 2012, 285 pages
Goodreads | Amazon UK | Amazon US 



The gods forbade her to love, but love is a powerful force. Acacia has been created purely for Eros' pleasure but discovers within moments of being summoned into his presence that he has no interest in her whatsoever. Rejected, she is banished to Earth to serve as Eros' minion with the task of promoting the blissful state of love among all those around her, a state she must never indulge in with a human being herself on pain of immediate destruction. And then comes Josh, someone whose power of attraction over Acacia is so intense she will find it utterly impossible to resist him. But is he human? Is he a god? Or is he a trick of the gods? And what would happen should they kiss?



My thoughts

I'm a massive fan of mythology so was excited to receive this ARR copy. As I was reading the first chapter I was a bit disappointed and didn't think I'd like the book as I was confused at times. But after a while I got into the rhythm of the book and really started to enjoy it. It is a twist on the usual mythological story lines that you normally see. I did find the monologue a tad annoying, it seemed like every other sentence Acacia was just questioning everything which got a bit boring after a while. Acacia also wasn't the strong female lead I was expecting her to be. She was rather wishy washy and don't even get me started on her 'love life'. On the whole the concept of the book was interesting and with a few dialogue changes it could be truly amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment